Wireless intercoms have quite a few uses in today’s world. However, the basic requirements fall into two categories: the sound quality and its range. There is a host of other additional features that you can expect from modern day intercoms but these two make for the most important element. So how does this wireless portable intercom fare on the ratings?
Features of the Wireless Portable Intercom Voice Activated
- True wireless connection
- 1000 feet range of transmission
- Uses 900 Mhzdigital band for communication
- Voice Activation (VOX) and Monitor mode available
- You can either use Single or Multi channel communication to reach one or more units, depending on what you prefer
- Secure Link communication
- Expandable up to 64 units
- Can use power adaptor or 4 AA batteries
- Compatible with NDIS NTD2 and NLS1 wireless intercoms from Chamberlain
Who should buy the Wireless Portable Intercom Voice Activated?
This product is great for those with large houses, possibly a two storey house with a basement too. If you are tired of shouting across the house calling for people, this intercom will save you the hassle. It is a good choice also because it is truly wireless, unlike power line carrier intercoms.
This intercom is also a good option for those who require multiple communication channels across a small building block. It can have several intercom units installed all over and its signal boosted. It can make for a simple security system if need be. Its other advantage is that it uses batteries, making it a great choice for installing in places where power supply might not be close by.
Pros and cons of theWireless Portable Intercom Voice Activated
- No wires needed to operate
- Expandable for multiple unit communication
- Secure link
- Clear signals over long distances with no interruption
- VOX mode conserves battery power
- Easy to use controls
- Adding extra units might be a small challenge, though customer support exist for such issues
- Sound quality might also not be too good if you talk into the unit. Try talking normally, without speaking directly into the unit to get better sound
Our conclusion of the Review
While this may not be the most sophisticated unit available around, it certainly is decent enough. The trick with it is knowing how to use it properly in order to get the best out of it. Do not speak directly into the microphone, do not shout and you will most likely get better sound quality.
Its biggest redeeming quality, though, is that its signal is quite clear. Everyone who uses it doesn’t complain about it dropping sound or getting interference, only that understanding what is being said can be somewhat challenging. As stated before, the solution to getting the best sound is to watch how you speak into the unit. Also, it doesn’t hurt that it is quite compact and good looking either.
For its compatibility, expandability, and extended range, the price is decent. If looking for a basic intercom, this will do the job.